Whoever eventually replaces Jeff Probst on Survivor shouldn’t expect to follow in his footsteps too closely.
The longtime host and executive producer, 64, opened up about the show’s eventual future without him during a new interview with The Wall Street Journal shared on Tuesday, August 18. While Probst made it clear retirement isn’t currently on his mind, he does have one hope for whoever eventually takes over: Don’t try to be the next Jeff Probst.
“This is not on my agenda, but when the time comes to hand over the stewardship of the show, I will be very excited to do it,” he told the outlet.
Rather than finding someone who can recreate what he has brought to the competition since its 2000 debut, Probst wants his successor to put their own stamp on it. “My hope would be that the next steward of Survivor is somebody completely different from me because then, you get a different point of view that’s going to guide this ship,” he explained.
For anyone worried that handoff could be coming soon, Probst also offered some reassurance, saying, “I am as engaged with Survivor, as you and I are speaking today, as I ever have been.”
Fans had their own opinions in the comments of an Instagram post sharing Probst’s comments.
“Why is no one saying Devens?!?! He’s still young, he’s a fan favorite AND he has experience in the field,” one fan wrote.
“Not a single person the show will have to just end,” another quipped.
A third commented, “If it’s going to be a Rob from this show, it has to be Rob C! He knows this game inside and out, and would do the role justice.”
“Listen, Jonathan Penner would be awsoume !” declared a fourth.
READ MORE: Jeff Probst Confesses What ‘Bums Him Out the Most’ About ‘Survivor 50’
Probst has previously admitted the list of people he believes could take over is pretty short. When The Wrap asked him in June which former Survivor contestants might be capable of hosting, Probst didn’t name a specific successor. Instead, he explained that whoever gets the job would need to bring much more than on-camera charisma. “It’s a very, very, very small list,” he said.
According to Probst, the key is finding “a producer who can host,” rather than simply hiring a television personality. “I was never just a host,” he explained.
It makes sense considering Probst’s own trajectory. After hosting Survivor from its first season in 2000, he became a producer in 2003 and eventually took on executive producer and showrunner duties in 2010.
With Season 51 premiering in September, however, Probst isn’t ready to pass that torch just yet.
Hence then, the article about survivor s jeff probst reveals surprising requirement for his eventual replacement was published today ( ) and is available on Parade ( Saudi Arabia ) The editorial team at PressBee has edited and verified it, and it may have been modified, fully republished, or quoted. You can read and follow the updates of this news or article from its original source.
Read More Details
Finally We wish PressBee provided you with enough information of ( Survivor’s Jeff Probst Reveals Surprising Requirement for His Eventual Replacement )
Also on site :
- AI-written bills riddled with errors flooding US Congress – Politico
- Teen dies after being pulled from Lake Michigan in northwest Indiana
- Woman who wrote book praising police officers is wanted after cop died in her home
