Met Police pass Giuffre files to force probing Andrew sexual misconduct claims ...Middle East

inews - News
Met Police pass Giuffre files to force probing Andrew sexual misconduct claims

Scotland Yard is thought to have passed files on Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor’s accuser Virginia Giuffre to colleagues at Thames Valley Police after the force widened the scope of its investigation.

It also emerged that Thames Valley Police are examining an allegation the former prince behaved inappropriately towards a woman at Royal Ascot in 2002.

    The force is looking into sexual misconduct claims against Mountbatten-Windsor as part of its wider probe into possible misconduct in public office.

    The Thames Valley force continues to probe the former Duke of York’s role as special trade envoy between 2001 and 2011 – calling on “anyone with relevant information to come forward”.

    Detectives are said to have been given access to Metropolitan Police files on Giuffre, who accused Andrew of sexually assaulting her when she was 17. She spoke with officers from the force about her allegations.

    Andrew was arrested by the force in February over allegations he passed sensitive information to convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein while trade envoy. He was released under investigation and denies wrongdoing.

    The i Paper understands that Scotland and Thames Valley officers work together and co-ordinate on investigations.

    Ex-officials urged to share information with police

    Dai Davies, head of Scotland Yard’s Royal Protection Command between 1994 and 1998, welcomed the news that Thames Valley Police’s probe is far wider than previously thought.

    Davies said the Thames Valley force should look at the Giuffre files – even if Scotland Yard decided not pursue her claims in 2016. The Met decided again in November 2025 that it would not launch any investigation after reviewing the claims.

    Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor rides a horse in Windsor Great Park, near to Royal Lodge (Photo: Toby Melville/Reuters)

    Mountbatten-Windsor settled a civil claim with Giuffre which did not include an admission of liability.

    Davies also called on any former Government officials or ex-ministers with potentially important information on Andrew’s dealings as a trade envoy to speak to the police.

    Vince Cable ‘happy’ to be witness after contact by police

    Thames Valley is thought to be interested in speaking to a series of witnesses who came into contact with Andrew during his time as a trade envoy.

    Sir Vince Cable, who was Business Secretary at the end of Andrew’s time as trade envoy, said the police had contacted him about giving a witness statement.

    “I’ve been notified that I will be interviewed and I’m very happy to co-operate,” the former Liberal Democrat cabinet minister said.

    Simon Wilson, deputy ambassador to Bahrain between 2001 and 2005, helped arrange Andrew’s three trips to the Middle Eastern country during the period.

    Wilson, who previously said he found Andrew “rude and arrogant”, told The i Paper he had not been contacted by police. But said he would share any details if they wanted to speak to him.

    He urged former Government officials to come forward to police if they had relevant details on his trade role dealings – including any sensitive briefings shared with Andrew.

    “Vince Cable can’t be the only one [making a witness statement to police]. There will be senior figures involved with the appointment and the briefings.”

    Government urged to share more trade trip files

    Wilson also urged the Government to release all the official documents on Mountbatten-Windsor’s various trips as a trade envoy.

    Newly-released documents show that the late Queen was “very keen” for Mountbatten-Windsor to have a “prominent role in the promotion of national interests”, before he was appointed trade envoy.

    The memo was released on Thursday as part of a trove of files related to Andrew’s appointment to the post.

    Caption: Andrew on trade trip to Oman in 2004. (Photo: MOHAMMED MAHJOUB/AFP via Getty Images)

    Trade minister Chris Bryant suggested it was the last planned release of information on Andrew and the trade envoy role. He told MPs it was “our last tranche” of documents related to the appointment.

    But Wilson called on the Government to go further. “Why can’t the public see all the files from his time as trade envoy? They should certainly be released to the police so they can look at what he was doing,” he said.

    Andy McDonald, the Labour MP, also called on former senior Government staff to help investigators, if they had anything useful to share.

    “If former ministers and officials can assist any investigation, in terms of their own experience and knowledge of the role, to compare and contrast, they should be invited to do so,” he said.

    Police encourages ‘anyone with relevant information’ to speak

    Thames Valley Police detectives were understood to be have been worried the public believed they were only focused on accusations about the ex-prince’s trade envoy role.

    They are looking into an allegation that Andrew behaved inappropriately towards a woman at Royal Ascot between 18 and 22 June in 2002, according to the Sunday Times.

    Officers are also understood to have been assessing a claim by another woman that she was allegedly sent by Epstein to the duke’s former resident, Royal Lodge, for sex with Mountbatten-Windsor in 2010, before being given a tour of Buckingham Palace.

    They contacted the woman’s lawyer, Brad Edwards. However, Edwards has told the Daily Mail that the woman will not talk to police because she does not to want to “risk losing her privacy”.

    A Thames Valley Police spokesperson said: “We cannot go into specifics of the investigation, but we are following all reasonable lines of enquiry.”

    They added: “We encourage anyone with relevant information to come forward through the usual non-emergency police contact channels.”

    The Government and Mountbatten-Windsor’s office were contacted for comment. The Metropolitan Police declined to comment.

    A Government spokesperson said it was “fully cooperating with Thames Valley Police on their ongoing investigation”, adding: “It remains a fundamental principle that no one is above the law, and all allegations are taken seriously.”

    Hence then, the article about met police pass giuffre files to force probing andrew sexual misconduct claims was published today ( ) and is available on inews ( Middle East ) The editorial team at PressBee has edited and verified it, and it may have been modified, fully republished, or quoted. You can read and follow the updates of this news or article from its original source.

    Read More Details
    Finally We wish PressBee provided you with enough information of ( Met Police pass Giuffre files to force probing Andrew sexual misconduct claims )

    Apple Storegoogle play

    Last updated :

    Also on site :



    Latest News