Mark Taylor blasts Cricket Australia’s plan to take BBL to India ...Middle East

cricketaddictor - News
Mark Taylor blasts Cricket Australia’s plan to take BBL to India

The Big Bash League (BBL) could begin its next season in India later this year. While Cricket Australia’s (CA) idea has created excitement among the fans, former Australian captain Mark Taylor is not very happy with the plan and feels it could impact Test cricket.

Recently, reports revealed that a few officials from Cricket Australia traveled to India earlier this month to discuss a possible deal for sending two Big Bash League teams there for the opening matches of the next 2026-27 season.

    Even though Cricket Australia has not officially confirmed the agreement yet, the media hints that the deal is likely to happen soon. The next BBL season is expected to start in the second week of December, which is almost the same time when Australia will begin their important four-match Test series against New Zealand in Perth from December 9.

    Read Also: Ben Stokes’ limited game-time draws criticism from England legends

    Mark Taylor believes this could hurt the importance of Test cricket in Australia. He pointed out that if BBL matches happen in India during the same period, fans may focus more on the T20 tournament instead of the Test series happening at home.

    Mark Taylor fears BBL idea could hurt Test cricket

    The former Australian captain stressed that he personally loves watching and following Test cricket and does not like the idea of another big event taking attention away from it.

    Mark Taylor said on Nine's Wide World of Sports, “Well, once again, it's from a Test-playing and watching lover; I don't particularly like it because I believe if it happens, it will be in sort of early to mid-December when the Test matches are due to start.

    Australia will play New Zealand in a Test series starting December 9. So, to me, any sort of game like that will take away from the Test matches, which I love. So once again, it's a bit of a trade-off; you're going to see big bash teams or two big bash teams go to India right at the time that the Australian cricket team is playing in a test series here in Australia.”

    Read Also: Rishabh Pant asked to quit LSG captaincy ahead of IPL 2027 by CSK great

    Mark Taylor warns Cricket Australia against chasing only money and T20 leagues

    Taylor also believes Cricket Australia must think carefully about what is best for the future of the game instead of focusing only on money and entertainment. He warned that cricket should not become only about players earning huge salaries in T20 leagues.

    The former batter also stressed that Australia needs to develop the next generation of cricketers who can perform in Test cricket and not only in franchise tournaments.

    Taylor signed off by saying, “So, as I said, we're going to see more of it; finding the solution is really tough, but I just hope that everyone gets together on this and thinks about what at the end of the day is good for Australian cricket. Bear in mind, we've got to produce the next lot of cricketers as well, not just the ones that are making good money today.”

    Mark Taylor doesn’t like the idea of BBL matches going to India... pic.twitter.com/lzi8ZemW89

    — Cricketopia (@CricketopiaCom) May 24, 2026

    Hence then, the article about mark taylor blasts cricket australia s plan to take bbl to india was published today ( ) and is available on cricketaddictor ( Middle East ) The editorial team at PressBee has edited and verified it, and it may have been modified, fully republished, or quoted. You can read and follow the updates of this news or article from its original source.

    Read More Details
    Finally We wish PressBee provided you with enough information of ( Mark Taylor blasts Cricket Australia’s plan to take BBL to India )

    Apple Storegoogle play

    Last updated :

    Also on site :