OAKLAND — A man who may have been sleeping outside an East Oakland fire station was injured Monday evening when he was struck by a fire department vehicle responding to a structure blaze, authorities said.
The man, believed to be in his 30s and unhoused, was initially listed in critical condition but was later upgraded to stable, authorities said.
The collision happened about 6:24 p.m. Monday in the driveway outside Fire Station 20 at 1401 98th Ave.
Related Articles
Train collides with car on tracks in Emeryville Two critically injured after apparent DUI crash in East Bay Golden Gate Bridge pileups damage 7 vehicles Here’s where traffic could snarl across the Bay Area for the Super Bowl Stunning new park creating traffic nightmare for Bodega Bay neighborsAccording to initial reports, the man apparently had been laying on the ground against a large roll-up garage door to the station.
A firefighter about to respond to a structure fire got into a department crew cab pickup truck, opened the roll-up door, activated the vehicle’s siren and emergency lights and started driving outside, authorities said. The firefighter apparently did not see the man before striking him.
Firefighters provided first aid to the man before he was taken to a hospital.
Anyone with information about the collision may call police traffic investigators at 510-777-8570.
Hence then, the article about man laying outside oakland firehouse struck by fire department vehicle responding to blaze was published today ( ) and is available on mercury news ( Middle East ) The editorial team at PressBee has edited and verified it, and it may have been modified, fully republished, or quoted. You can read and follow the updates of this news or article from its original source.
Read More Details
Finally We wish PressBee provided you with enough information of ( Man laying outside Oakland firehouse struck by fire department vehicle responding to blaze )
Also on site :
- Inside Iran’s Preparation for War and Plans for Survival
- I tried Harry Styles’s favourite shoes as a mid-40s dad – my daughter was horrified
- Kid Rock Predicts God Will ‘Cut Down’ Journalists for Reporting (Accurately) That He Is Charging Up to $5,000 for Tour Tickets
