Fired TV Host Says She’s ‘Filled With Remorse’ in New Statement ...Saudi Arabia

Parade - News
Fired TV Host Says She’s ‘Filled With Remorse’ in New Statement

Nicole Curtis has shared a new social media post in the wake of HGTV canceling her series, Rehab Addict. In the post, Curtis promised fans that she would give them an opportunity to "have a conversation" about what has transpired over the past few days.

On February 12, Curtis took to Instagram to address the situation again. A post she previously shared on Instagram has since been deleted. In that previous post, she promised fans she would be transparent and explained that at this time, her priority is her family.

    In the new post, Curtis began by sharing, "This isn't a post a ever thought I'd be writing and I've drafted this more times than I can count and nothing seems to be enough."

    "There is anger, there is hate, there is pain. I am here to take it. I haven't been hiding, ignoring, waiting for this to pass," Curtis continued.

    She added, "I've just been playing this all over and over again and watching the video and having this all out together to say the right thing, do the right thing after doing the wrongest of wrongs."

    Related: Nicole Curtis Speaks Out After HGTV Cancelled ‘Rehab Addict,’ Shares Angry Messages and Texts

    "I am sorry. I am filled with remorse and regret, just as much as I was one second after that word was said 4 years ago in 2022," Curtis noted.

    Curtis also wrote that fans are getting "a limited view" of the situation. She also alleged that the video that has made waves is "a clip of MY footage that was stolen then manipulated, edited and sold to [a] tabloid to coincide with my return to television only to create this chaos of hate, anger, disappointment."

    View this post on Instagram

    The now-fired HGTV star also wrote, "I make no excuse for this. I am not [a] victim." Curtis noted she knows what she said was wrong and insisted it won't happen again.

    However, Curtis added, "I want to be clear...I'm not addressing this because I was 'caught.' I'm here because I am not okay with the fact that I said that."

    "I am and have been submerged in the African American community my entire adult life...I chose to live and work in the inner cities of many major cities, but most famously Minneapolis and Detroit," Curtis pointed out.

    Curtis further shared that she hears "that word" daily, and she "knows that's a word that represents evil, pain, torture, trauma when used by someone like me. And yet, it came from me."

    She also acknowledged that when pushed by fans to explain how it "just easily came out" in the clip that has now gone viral, Curtis admits, "I don't have an answer for that. It did and it shocked me as shown."

    The Rehab Addict star wrote that she felt she needed to tell her children about what happened, and "My youngest said 'you don't say that word' and I had to say [I] did...my children viewed [the raw footage] with me and saw what happened, a mistake that I realized right away and went into panic."

    Curtis also indicated that the video footage that showed her casually using a phrase that included the n-word was not created for HGTV or any other show. She wrote that she filmed it on her own time with her own equipment. HGTV had no knowledge it existed until it surfaced online a few days ago.

    View this post on Instagram

    She insists she was "Not terrified this would ruin my career, no, terrified I put that terrible word into the universe."

    "No one had [those] footage drives except myself and my ex [boyfriend]," Curtis revealed.

    Curtis also noted that she made this new statement without the assistance of a public relations firm and against the advice she's received from people in her inner circle. "I probably said something wrong, again—I hope not."

    In less than 24 hours, the new post from Curtis received over 4,100 "likes" and 2,570 comments. The comment section was filled with passionate responses from both people who support Curtis as well as those who remain critical.

    One person wrote, "Stop beating yourself up. It'll be okay. We still love you and want you on tv again."

    Someone else countered, "She's devastated because she lost her job and it's ruining her reputation. No one casually says the hard er. It was casual for her. She deserves this. Do better!"

    Hence then, the article about fired tv host says she s filled with remorse in new statement was published today ( ) and is available on Parade ( Saudi Arabia ) The editorial team at PressBee has edited and verified it, and it may have been modified, fully republished, or quoted. You can read and follow the updates of this news or article from its original source.

    Read More Details
    Finally We wish PressBee provided you with enough information of ( Fired TV Host Says She’s ‘Filled With Remorse’ in New Statement )

    Apple Storegoogle play

    Last updated :

    Also on site :

    Most viewed in News


    Latest News