A brush fire that grew to 1,000 acres near Golden Acorn Casino continued to burn Wednesday, but authorities had downgraded most evacuation orders to warnings.
The blaze erupted at about 1 p.m. Tuesday off the 37000 block of Tusil Road in Boulevard north of Interstate 8, according to CalFire, drawing ground and airborne crews to battle it.
The burn area remained at 1,000 acres as of 8 a.m. Wednesday, with 25% containment.
“Fire activity moderated overnight,” CalFire San Diego said, “allowing firefighters to strengthen containment lines and continue making progress toward full containment.”
The agency added that aircraft were set to begin monitoring the fire at 8:00 a.m. to “assess conditions and provide aerial support to ground resources.”
No injuries were reported and most residents had been allowed back to their homes after Tuesday’s evacuation orders, which prompted Sheriff’s deputies to clear people out of nearby homes, including 15 under immediate threat.
The CHP said I-8 was shut down in both directions near the burn zone, but as of Wednesday morning, at least one lane in each direction has reopened to traffic. The No. 2 lane in both directions remained closed until further notice.
Impacts continue though on I-8. The westbound No. 2 lane closure begins just west of Crestwood Road and is about one mile in length. The eastbound No. 2 lane is closed from Buckman Springs Road for about a half mile to the east.
Early on, the Tusil Fire spread over the grounds of Campo Indian Reservation and charred about 30 acres near I-8.
The burn area grew to roughly 550 acres in the early evening, then to 1,000 acres. By late afternoon, the blaze had jumped the freeway to the south in a few spots, damaging one outbuilding and a vehicle, but no residences, said Mike Cornette, a CalFire captain.
Crews, though, gained some initial ground on the fire, with 10% containment on Tuesday.
A temporary shelter for the displaced was available at the casino at 1800 Golden Acorn Way, roughly a mile east of the fire.
.
Hence then, the article about most evacuation orders lifted in tusil fire which crews have 25 contained was published today ( ) and is available on Times of San Diego ( Middle East ) The editorial team at PressBee has edited and verified it, and it may have been modified, fully republished, or quoted. You can read and follow the updates of this news or article from its original source.
Read More Details
Finally We wish PressBee provided you with enough information of ( Most evacuation orders lifted in Tusil Fire, which crews have 25% contained )
Also on site :
- The New Infrastructure of Social Growth: Why SaaS Startups Are Moving Beyond Emulators with GeeLark Cloud Phone
- This Landmark Was Just Ranked ‘Most Loved in the World’—and It's Not the Eiffel Tower
- Kremlin responds to ‘borderline crazy’ threat from NATO state
