PALM BEACH, FLORIDA - SEPTEMBER 14: In this aerial view, former U.S. President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate on September 14, 2022, in Palm Beach, Florida. (Photo: Joe Raedle/Getty Images)
The U.S. Secret Service says a North Carolina man entered a secured area of Mar-a-Lago early Sunday morning armed with a shotgun and a can of gas. The suspect, identified as Austin Tucker Martin from Cameron, N.C., was ordered by law enforcement to put down his weapons. The 21-year-old reportedly put down the gas can, but was shot when he moved to raise the shotgun to a shooting position, according to Palm Beach County Sheriff Ric Bradshaw.
Bradshaw says two Secret Service agents and a sheriff’s deputy fired their weapons “to neutralize the threat.”
President Donald Trump and first lady Melania Trump were not on the Florida property when the incident took place. Both were in Washington, D.C. for a dinner attended by the nation’s governors.
The FBI is now the lead agency investigating the case. FBI Director Kash Patel said on social media the agency is dedicating “all necessary resources” in the investigation of this morning’s incident.
Agents have asked people who live near the Florida property to check their security cameras for additional video that might be helpful in the moments prior to the event.
White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt described the suspect as “a crazy person” who intruded on President Trump’s home.
“Federal law enforcement are working 24/7 to keep our country safe and protect all Americans. It’s shameful and reckless that Democrats have chosen to shut down their Department,” Leavitt wrote on X.
Multiple media outlets are reporting that Martin had been reported missing by his family just a day earlier.
Hence then, the article about armed north carolina man fatally shot after entering secure perimeter of mar a lago was published today ( ) and is available on NC news line ( Middle East ) The editorial team at PressBee has edited and verified it, and it may have been modified, fully republished, or quoted. You can read and follow the updates of this news or article from its original source.
Read More Details
Finally We wish PressBee provided you with enough information of ( Armed North Carolina man fatally shot after entering secure perimeter of Mar-a-Lago )
Also on site :
- Sheikh Sabri: Israeli enemy seeks to change reality of al-Aqsa Mosque as prelude to seizing control of it
- At 61, this major insurance CEO works out 6 days a week with his 23-year-old son—he picks his brain for a Gen Z perspective while lifting weights
- Not all degrees are a waste of time: MBA graduates from Harvard, MIT, and Wharton are making over $245,000 just three years after graduating
