Shafaq News/ The United States isprepared to carry out military strikes against Iran if ongoing diplomaticefforts fail to prevent Tehran from developing a nuclear weapon, DefenseSecretary Pete Hegseth said on Sunday.
In an interview with CBS’s Face theNation, Hegseth called the first round of indirect talks in Muscat “a goodstep,” but warned that Washington would act if diplomacy breaks down.
“President Trump hopes to never have toresort to a military option,” he said. “But if we have to, we will preventthe nuclear bomb in Iran’s hands.”
His comments follow a statement fromTrump last week that military action was “absolutely” possible if talks in Omando not succeed. “If it requires military, we’re going to have military,” hetold reporters, adding that “Israel will obviously be very much involved inthat, be the leader of that."
Tensions have escalated between Iranand the US since Trump withdrew from the 2015 nuclear deal during his firstterm, leading to waves of US sanctions and regional confrontations.
Western analysts believe Iran may beweeks away from enriching uranium to weapons-grade levels, though Tehran deniesseeking to build a nuclear weapon.
Hence then, the article about us bottom line no deal no restraint on iran was published today ( ) and is available on SHAFAQ NEWS ( Iraq ) The editorial team at PressBee has edited and verified it, and it may have been modified, fully republished, or quoted. You can read and follow the updates of this news or article from its original source.
Read More Details
Finally We wish PressBee provided you with enough information of ( US bottom line: No deal, no restraint on Iran )
Also on site :
- Inside Iran’s Preparation for War and Plans for Survival
- I tried Harry Styles’s favourite shoes as a mid-40s dad – my daughter was horrified
- Kid Rock Predicts God Will ‘Cut Down’ Journalists for Reporting (Accurately) That He Is Charging Up to $5,000 for Tour Tickets