Moroccan dissident Monjib on new hunger strike over travel ban ...Kuwait

The New Arab - News
Moroccan dissident Monjib on new hunger strike over travel ban
Moroccan historian and rights activist Maati Monjib said Wednesday he was again going on hunger strike to protest a two-year ban on leaving the country. The 61-year-old said security officials had prevented him from boarding a flight from Rabat airport to take part in a cultural event in Spain. "It's a flagrant violation of the law," he said, adding that Moroccan legislation only allows a travel ban to last for one year. He said he had started a 48-hour hunger strike in response. Moroccan authorities could not be reached for comment. Known for his criticism of the authorities, Monjib was sentenced in January last year to 12 months in prison, after a trial opened in

Hence then, the article about moroccan dissident monjib on new hunger strike over travel ban was published today ( ) and is available on The New Arab ( Kuwait ) The editorial team at PressBee has edited and verified it, and it may have been modified, fully republished, or quoted. You can read and follow the updates of this news or article from its original source.

Read More Details
Finally We wish PressBee provided you with enough information of ( Moroccan dissident Monjib on new hunger strike over travel ban )

Apple Storegoogle play

Last updated :

Also on site :



Latest News