Calls for Andrew’s use of taxpayer funded jets and bases ‘to be investigated’ ...Middle East

News by : (inews) -

Gordon Brown has set sent a five-page dossier to six police forces urging investigations into whether Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor used taxpayer-funded RAF jets and military bases to facilitate meetings with Jeffrey Epstein.

The former Prime Minister said the letters contained “new and additional information” suggesting chartered RAF flights, which earned Mountbatten-Windsor the nickname “Airmiles Andy”, may have been used for personal meetings linked to Epstein.

He also raised concerns that confidential information from official trips could have been improperly shared.

Brown highlighted the use of RAF Marham, a frontline Royal Air Force station in Norfolk near the Sandringham estate. Flight logs show that Epstein’s private Gulfstream jet landed there on 7 December 2000, reportedly carrying Ghislaine Maxwell.

Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell aboard a jet (Photo: US Department of Justice/ AFP/Getty)

Although the flight predates Mountbatten-Windsor formal appointment as trade envoy in 2001, it is being examined in the broader context of concerns about access to military facilities and the use of publicly funded resources. Mountbatten-Windsor has strenuously denied all the allegations.

The arrival of a private civilian aircraft at a frontline RAF base drew attention because such facilities are not typically open to private jets, prompting questions about how access was authorised.

His letters relate to the period the former Duke served as UK trade envoy between 2001 and 2011 and were reportedly sent to the Metropolitan Police, Surrey Police, Sussex Police, Thames Valley Police, Norfolk Constabulary and Bedfordshire Police.

MPs consider trade envoy governance review

Brown believes officers should question civil servants at the Ministry of Defence, the Department for Transport, the Foreign Office and the Treasury, and examine the overall cost and governance of the trade envoy role.

The former royal protection chief Dai Davies has called for a judge-led independent inquiry.

Any inquiry would begin by examining broader governance issues and lessons from the trade envoy system, steering clear of specific comment on Andrew until criminal proceedings are no longer at risk of being prejudiced.

While conservative MP Tom Tugendhat has called for a special parliamentary committee to examine Mountbatten-Windsor’s links to Epstein.

Succession and constitutional impact

Mountbatten-Windsor’s was arrested on Friday and subsequently released after 11 hours of questioning on suspicion of misconduct in public office.

Commenting on his brother’s arrest, King Charles said “the law must take its course”.

Mountbatten-Windsor stepped down from public duties in 2019 following his BBC Newsnight interview about his friendship with Epstein.

He is no longer an active counsellor of state, a role drawn from senior members of the line of succession who can deputise for the monarch when required. Removal from the succession would formally end any future eligibility to serve in that capacity.

Despite being stripped of his military affiliations and royal patronages, Andrew remains eighth in line to the throne.

Royal Lodge search continues amid wider inquiry

Police searches at his former Windsor residence, Royal Lodge, are continuing as part of the expanded misconduct inquiry.

Detectives from Thames Valley Police and the Metropolitan Police are liaising with US authorities over whether London airports were used to facilitate trafficking linked to Epstein, and have asked Andrew’s former protection team whether anything they witnessed could assist.

Mountbatten-Windsor has denied wrongdoing and previously rejected allegations made by his accuser, Virginia Giuffre. No new sexual offence allegations have been reported since the recent release of US justice documents.

Your next read

square WORLD

US military amassing forces at UK bases despite Government’s ban

square NEWS Analysis

Andrew legal fees could top £1m – as royals fear he may not be able to foot bill

square ROYAL FAMILY

Beatrice and Eugenie could be kept away from senior royals to prevent Andrew contagion

square LABOUR PARTY Big Read

Labour’s ‘secret weapon’ in by-election race that could decide PM’s future

Hence then, the article about calls for andrew s use of taxpayer funded jets and bases to be investigated was published today ( ) and is available on inews ( Middle East ) The editorial team at PressBee has edited and verified it, and it may have been modified, fully republished, or quoted. You can read and follow the updates of this news or article from its original source.

Read More Details
Finally We wish PressBee provided you with enough information of ( Calls for Andrew’s use of taxpayer funded jets and bases ‘to be investigated’ )

Last updated :

Also on site :

Most Viewed News
جديد الاخبار