Third grader left with broken teeth after attack in school hallway by bully, family says ...Middle East

News by : (NBC Chicago) -

A third-grade student at a Chicago elementary school was left with broken teeth after she was attacked in the school’s hallway by another student her family says has been bullying her.

NBC Chicago spoke with 8-year-old Vivienne Dalton and her mother, Yue Zhao, about the incident.

“This is every parent’s nightmare,” Zhao said. “The school supposed to be safe space for kids. This is the opposite.”

Around 3 p.m. on February 12, Zhao said she got a call from her daughter’s school, Nettelhorst School in Chicago’s Lake View neighborhood, located at 3252 N Broadway.

“They told me my daughter broke her teeth,” Zhao said. “She had an ice pack on her mouth and blood all over her face.”

Dalton says a fourth-grade student at her school had been grabbing her neck for weeks and did it again on Thursday, that time causing permanent damage to her teeth.

“She pulled me on the neck,” Dalton said, “I saw her and she pushed me.”

Dalton’s classmates witnessed the attack, her mother said.

The student who attacked Dalton previously told her that she would beat her up if she told anyone about the bullying, Zhao said. “That’s why my daughter was afraid to tell anyone.”

Now, Dalton said she is scared to go back to school.

She fears her attacker “might do something worse” when she returns, she said.

Plus, Dalton is struggling with her injuries. She got temporary braces and a filling for the damage to her teeth, and her mom said their dentist says she will need a root canal and implant in the future.

Now, as medical bills mount, the family is considering transferring Dalton to another school and pursuing legal action. All while the third-grade student is still unable to eat.

“She didn’t take one bite, she said ‘sorry mom, I can’t eat it,'” Zhao said while crying. “It broke my heart.”

Zhao filed a police report and spoke to the school’s principal, who promised an investigation.

Chicago Public Schools addressed the situation in a statement, saying in part that CPS “prioritizes the safety and well being of our students, staff, and families, and remains committed to building a physically and emotionally safe teaching and learning environment in every school.”

“CPS takes allegations of misconduct seriously and is committed to the safety of all students. While student privacy laws limit the information that can be shared, all allegations are handled in accordance with District policies and procedures,” CPS said in a statement.

Chicago police did not immediately respond to NBC Chicago’s inquiries.

Hence then, the article about third grader left with broken teeth after attack in school hallway by bully family says was published today ( ) and is available on NBC Chicago ( Middle East ) The editorial team at PressBee has edited and verified it, and it may have been modified, fully republished, or quoted. You can read and follow the updates of this news or article from its original source.

Read More Details
Finally We wish PressBee provided you with enough information of ( Third grader left with broken teeth after attack in school hallway by bully, family says )

Last updated :

Also on site :

Most Viewed News
جديد الاخبار