An investigation was launched Saturday after a deadly shooting involving police in a far north suburb of Chicago.
Around 8:30 p.m., Waukegan Alderman Juan Martinez said “earlier this evening, there was a police involved shooting that resulted in a fatality in our Ward” on Leith Avenue.
Martinez is the alderman of the third ward in Waukegan.
Illinois State Police Public Integrity Unit is leading the investigation into the shooting, Martinez said.
“Rest assured, there is no danger to our residents and community,” he said in a statement.
Martinez said he is in communication with Waukegan Mayor Sam Cunningham and the chief of police and will share more information with the public as it becomes available.
“Your understanding and support during this sensitive time is greatly appreciated,” Martinez said. “My prayers goes out to the Family of the deceased and also for our City.”
No additional information was immediately available.
Check back for more on this developing story.
Hence then, the article about investigation launched after deadly shooting involving police in far north suburb was published today ( ) and is available on NBC Chicago ( Middle East ) The editorial team at PressBee has edited and verified it, and it may have been modified, fully republished, or quoted. You can read and follow the updates of this news or article from its original source.
Read More Details
Finally We wish PressBee provided you with enough information of ( Investigation launched after deadly shooting involving police in far north suburb )
Also on site :
- Sheikh Sabri: Israeli enemy seeks to change reality of al-Aqsa Mosque as prelude to seizing control of it
- Putin has always been ‘straight with me’ – Witkoff
- At 61, this major insurance CEO works out 6 days a week with his 23-year-old son—he picks his brain for a Gen Z perspective while lifting weights